Monday, September 07, 2009

More Salt & Pepper Shakers

A couple of years ago I made a series of salt & pepper shakers for my own amusement. I even sold a pair at a Christmas holiday sale for $15.00. Recently, I have been making salt & pepper shakers again because I want to used up a bag of black clay that I am not very fond of (because the fiber is short, very hard to throw for my skill level). I used pinch pot method when making my earlier salt & pepper shakers; however, I found that throwing the basic cone shape on potter's wheel helps to speed up the process by a lot.

Here are some end products:

Title: My Sweet Homes (Sold!)
Material: Cone 10 High Fire Black Clay + Sodate-60 Slips
Glaze: None
Size: 1.75" x 1.5"


20090731_640_saltpepper
In December 2009, I sold this lovely salt & pepper shaker pair on Etsy.com. I have to say it was hard to let them go. I took a couple of photos before taking the package to the post office.


My Home Salt & Pepper Shaker Packaged

My Home Salt & Pepper Shaker

Title: Abstract Animal Shakers
Material: Cone 10 High Fire Black Clay
Glaze: Cone 10 Peach / Orange Shino
Size: 1.75" x 1.25"


20090731_643_saltpepper